New CSS1 draft
A new CSS1 draft has been released, see
The changes relative to the previous version (WD-css1-960505) are:
- "context-sensitive-selectors" renamed to "contextual-selectors"
- the color names are now the same as in HTML 3.2
- numerical RGB values are specified in the sRGB color space
- Explained that <!-- --> looks like a comment but isn't
- Additional explanation of pseudo-elts and pseudo-classes
- Added 'box' and 'contour' to float property
- Better explanation of font-size; added 'bigger'/'smaller'
- Removed color gradients from the background property
- Absolute positioning of background images added
- 'list-style' has two new values: 'inside' and 'outside'
- Added 'nowrap' to whitespace property
- Removed section on tables (tables will be handled separately later)
- the chapter on "applicability and extensibility of CSS1" has been
moved to an Appendix.
Changes relating to the formal grammar:
- A new section on "parsing conventions"
- Formal grammar is now called Forward-compatible grammar
- Forward-compatible grammar section rewritten to use EBNF-like syntax
throughout (no more Lex)
- Added natural language explanation of grammar and lexical tokens
- Fixed errors in Appendix B (lex/yacc); it no longer accepts input
that was unacceptable according to section 7; "inch" is spelled "in"
- Shortened some text in the Parsing conventions
- Allowed @import "foo" in addition to @import url(foo)
Bert Bos ( W 3 C ) http://www.w3.org/
firstname.lastname@example.org 2004 Rt des Lucioles / BP 93
+33 93 65 77 71 06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex, France