Re: font sizes...

> I now have a question.  Literal values were ment to be taken as a
> relative font size in one of the 7 HTML font sizes.  My question is, if
> the size is already 7 (xx-large) does a "font-size: +1" generate an
> HTML font size of 8? (8 being aprox 150% larger than 7)

Dumb question time here. To my knowledge, only Netscape used the 1-7
numbers to correspond to sizing for fonts. I don't remember it being
seen in specs. Is this really true?

I do agree that the relative numbers were meant to be 150% of the
previous value, I'm just confused about the number base.

As for MSIE's implementation, could you live with
font-size: +1pt 	for relative to point size and
font-size: +1 		for 150% larger?

If so, should we send this off to MSIE (assuming they aren't listening
anyway).

Regardless of how we do this, there are going to be a lot of confused
people who aren't sure what is absolute and what is relative and what
they are relative to unless something is fairly explicit. I had thought
that this was a moot point until I read back over the spec.

Mary E. S. Morris