Color table for styles

The css-1 spec lists named colors.  I made a table of these
colors so that I could see what they looked like
and have made it available at:

http://www.nps.navy.mil/internal/tutorial/colortbl.htm

The table uses the style attribute of the table data element,
for example:

<TR> <TD style=" background: antiquewhite; color: black " >
antiquewhite </TD> </TR>

While I did this I found out some interesting things:

1) MSIE supports *far* more than the 16 named colors they list in
their docs.  In fact, they seem to support all that are in the
spec.

2) in the CSS spec, "gray" is spelled with an "e" in "lightgrey"
but with an "a" everywhere else ("darkgray").  Are both spellings
supposed to work?

C  h a r l e s    P e y t o n   T a y l o r
ctaylor@nps.navy.mil

The opinions and views expressed       ##  even though we're on
our own,

are my own and do not reflect          ##        we are never all
alone,

Those of the Naval PostGraduate School ##  when we are singing,
singing.

                   http://vislab-www.nps.navy.mil/%7ectaylor/