Re: CSS and Eccentric Poems.

On Thu, 4 Jul 1996, Carl Johan Berglund wrote:

> I would like to see <B> and <I> used primarily when it is important
> (or legal) that something is rendered in bold and italics, and not
> highlighted in some other way. For instance, if I were writing
> equations, I would like to have my scalar variables in italics and
> my vectors in bold, but not emphasised in any other way. If some
> user agent running in a colour text environment uses red for <STRONG>
> and purple for <EM>, I don't want my variables to be rendered in
> that way.

I tried that once. Try looking at an HTML source that's got STRONG and EM
tags scattered all about it. HORROR! Why did they use full words for tags
that were preferred over tags that where single lettered? I basically
stopped using these tags because I was bored of writing <STRONG></STRONG>
and <EM></EM> instead of <B></B> and <I></I> alla the time. And I
couldn't debug my source.

Oh and, in case you want me to use on of these "WYSIWYG" editors, point
me to one that uses STRONG and EM instead of B and I...

================== Stephanos Piperoglou - stephanos@hol.gr ==================
WorldPort - my home on the Web   http://users.hol.gr/~stephanos/index.html
Hellenic Babylon 5 Support Campaign                             babylon5.html
The Alphabeton - the guide to greek-enabled computing           greek.html
                                                          ... and much more!
Official Athens College site:    http://www.gsc.net/hosted/athens_college
===== If my opinions were my employers, they'd be pretty wierd opinions =====

... Oof porothika (tm)