Re: CSS and Eccentric Poems.

On Wed, 3 Jul 1996, Carl Johan Berglund wrote:

> The problem here is that <br> is not a container--there is
> no </br> tag, so there is no content of the <br> that can
> be styled in any way. But setting the space between paragraphs
> to zero (as proposed) means you can do it with <p>.

The "problem" as I see it is that, even in light of CSS1 implementation,
there is no tag that has NO other purpose other than applying a style to a
selection. Styles can only be applied to phrase markup and block elements
that ALREADY carry a meaning of sorts. When this is content markup, all's
fine and dandy. If this is actually a tag that indicated rendering (like B
and I), people get confused.

What we should have is simply a tag (something like FORMAT or RENDER) which
only has one attribute: CLASS.

================== Stephanos Piperoglou - stephanos@hol.gr ==================
WorldPort - my home on the Web   http://users.hol.gr/~stephanos/index.html
Hellenic Babylon 5 Support Campaign                             babylon5.html
The Alphabeton - the guide to greek-enabled computing           greek.html
                                                          ... and much more!
Official Athens College site:    http://www.gsc.net/hosted/athens_college
===== If my opinions were my employers, they'd be pretty wierd opinions =====

... Oof porothika (tm)