Re: CSS and Eccentric Poems.

 From: bosak@atlantic-83.eng.sun.com (Jon Bosak)

| Actually (not that it matters), Cummings almost undoubtedly wrote the
| poem on a typewriter and submitted it to his publisher as a
| typewritten manuscript -- in other words, monospaced.  So recreating
| his manuscript using PRE and a monospace font would probably come as
| close as you could get to what he originally had in mind.
---

It may have looked like the pysical presentation he sent to his
published, but I doubt it was "what he had in mind."

I really have no idea whether cummings typically submitted work in hand
or typed.  In either case, though, I imagine he knew quite well what it
would look like typeset...

scott

--
scott preece
phone:	217-384-8589			  fax:	217-384-8550