Re: CSS and Eccentric Poems.

At 12:46 PM -0800 7/2/96, Charles Peyton Taylor wrote:

> >PDF is perfect for a poem with eccentric layout needs and
> >supported in browsers on all major GUI platforms.
> >
> > Paul Prescod
>
> yeah, yeah, yeah.  You're obviously not the person who is
> going to have to install all of those plugins.  I'm a
> "tech support person" so I have a different perspective,
> and I'd prefer to only setup one peice of software.

Yeah. It will be called "Microsoft Life", and will come in forehead,
armpit, and big-toe embeddable configurations. :^)

> *ALSO*, have you ever offered both an HTML version of a
> document, and a PDF version? People almost always go
> for the HTML version.

Me too, because most PDFs are poorly designed for on-screen reading, and a
lot fatter than they need to be - I can't bear the irony, you see. People
preferred to cross oceans in ships until planes got well-enough developed.
I think it's a matter of time before layout languages start getting used
for layout on screen, so structured ones can go back to structure, with
style a very worthwhile addition.

Todd Fahrner
fahrner@pobox.com
http://www.verso.com/