Re: Introducing NetscapeML

On Jul 2, 10:00am, Scott E. Preece wrote:
> Subject: Re: Introducing NetscapeML
>  From: Ka-Ping Yee <s-ping@orange.cv.tottori-u.ac.jp>
> |
> | Tell us this was carefully thought-out, Alex.  I dare you.
> | Explain why you just had to introduce SPACER before stylesheet
> | support.  What, were there too many FAQs from people about
> | how to make one-dot clear GIFs or something?
> ---
>
> SPACER allows you to do things that are inappropriate for stylesheet
> representation, like line-by-line control of inter-line spacing in an
> e.e. cummings poem and line-by-line indentation control in source code
> listings.  So, I think it's useful with or without stylesheets.

As far as the usefullness goes, I agree wholeheartedly. However, I
feel that a tag <SPACER> is inappropriate. Its function is obviously
something which should be dealt with by a character entity. Moreover,
&thinsp;, &emsp; and &quad; already are defined as entities, and have
never been implemented by Netscape.

Sevo

--
Sevo Stille                                  		    sevo@inm.de