RE: LINK'ed style sheets

[Gavin Nicol, quoting Chris Wilson:]

| >SGML comments are now a valid way to "hide" the <STYLE> contents from
| >non-conformant browsers, as decided by the W3C.
|
| This is, to put it simply, the wrong way to do things. Even PI's
| are preferrable.

At the ERB meeting in Redmond, the use of comments for this purpose
was strongly objected to by myself and several other people.
According to my notes, the method agreed upon at that time was to use
<![...]]>, and if that didn't work, to use PI's.

Jon

---
Jon Bosak, Online Information Technology Architect
SunSoft, 2550 Garcia Ave., MPK17-101, Mountain View, CA 94043
A Davenport Group Sponsor -- http://www.ora.com/davenport/README.html