Caching of Style sheets

On review of the CSS1 W3C Working Draft 05-May-96, one question jumped
immediately to mind: what about caching of style sheets? A UUID
mechanism could allow user agents to cache commonly used style sheets.
This would eliminating redundant transfers of identical sheets, save
time on parsing of the style sheet and save space in the cache.

While I have no particular preference for the extension, perhaps uuids
could by added by adding an @uuid at_rule followed by a DCE/COM style
UUID. @import would need to be modified to be:
IMPORT_SYM URL [UUID] ';'

Clark Breyman
cbreyman@xsoft.xerox.com
DISCLAIMER:
My comments do not neccessarily represent the views of my employer.