Re: Pseudo-classes and -elements

On Tue, 9 Apr 1996 20:47:57 +0200, you wrote:

>I would like to put in a strong vote that we NOT change the syntax in
>such a way now.  As a vendor working on a CSS implementation, if we keep
>changing the basic syntax, we'll never be finished.

I proposed to distinguish pseudo-attributes and pseudo-elements just
because I'm currently working on a CSS implementation, too. Changing
the syntax now is in my eyes much simpler than to have problems in the
future.

In future versions of CSS you will need both attribute specifications
and pseudo-elements und it is easier if they can be handled in a
consistent manner.

Greetings

Wolfgang Rieger
Buero fuer Software-Entwicklung           Email: rieger@bse.de
                                          WWW  : http://www.bse.de/
Rosenheimer Str. 214                      Phone: +49 89 497738
81669 Munich, Germany                     Fax  : +49 89 497738