Re: Popup windows & style sheets

Scott E. Preece wrote:

Where to display links:
> Should be specifiable (display-in: main-window | same-window |
> new-window) as property of the anchor.

Couldn't these use the target names: "_top", "_parent" (... child,
cousing, uncle, wife...) and so on that netscape allready supports?

When to dismis:
> Should be specifiable (popup-duration: persistent | while-held |
> explicit-dismiss)

How about this: there would be two kinds of popup windows, those that
have "close" buttons and then those that stay on until you move the mouse
away from them?

> | - does the pop up need a title?
> Yes (should be attribute of the tag).

Do they really? I think they are not neaded as they consume precious
screen space (could this be optional).

---

As popup windows are floting objects (you can move them around), they
would be ideal places for things like site-spesific navigation buttons
(talking about navigation aids doesn't sound nice).  I know there is
allready the <BANNER> tag (element) for this purpose, but it isn't
movable.

---

If only all A HREF tags had width and height...

--
Heikki Vesalainen
http://www.clinet.fi/~wes/