Re: DSSSL & Interleaf

Glenn Adams writes:

 > For starters, the syntax and semantics of CSS (to the extent that they are
 > specified at all), seem to encounter significant changes every few months.

 [..]

 > Finally, there is little direct involvement by the vendor community in
 > the specification, development, or deployment of CSS.

Due to the direct involvement from vendors (including you) in the last
couple of months there have been changes. That's what involvement is
all about. Also, other people have contributed (including this
list). At this point, most area of the specification is stable and
only refinements are expected. However, we do not want to close the
specification before full implementations exist.

 > Moreover, the proposed style features represented by CSS seem to be
 > poorly conceived, poorly specified, and, for the most part, a recipe
 > for incompatibility.

I presume your "features" refer to the CSS "properties" ? It would
be very helpful if you let us know how we could improve the properties
while maintaining the functionality.

Regards,

-h&kon

http://www.w3.org/People/howcome  howcome@w3.org