RE: draft-ietf-html-style-00.txt & class as a general selector

h&kon wrote:
> - should one also allow the more verbose versions (CLASS=foo,
>   ID=x67y) in CSS1?

I still think it should be [CLASS=foo], [ID=bar].  I would be okay with
dropping them from CSS1, but since they will still be in CSS2, perhaps they
should be kept.

> - what do people prefer,
> -- #x65y or "x56y" ?

#x65y.  Definitely.  Using quotes in a way that has a syntactic meaning
(other than encapsulation) is pretty anti-intuitive.

> -- @CLASS=foo or [CLASS=foo] ?

[CLASS=foo], definitely.  The encapsulation seems very valuable to me, and
to throw it away for the sake of typing an extra character seems ludicrous,
especially if the other current argument is over whether we should force
dozens of characters to be typed to abstract style information.

	-Chris