Re: [csswg] Agenda conf call 16-May-2018

From: Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2018 09:53:30 +0200
Cc: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
To: Rossen Atanassov <Rossen.Atanassov@microsoft.com>
I cannot attend the call, but here are a couple of quick thoughts.

> On May 16, 2018, at 2:06, Rossen Atanassov <Rossen.Atanassov@microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> 4. [css-ui-4] Change the pointer cursor to indicate any interactive element.
>     https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1936

We already resolved on this, but there are a few follow up comments pushing back. Not sure if this is on the agenda accidentaly (since we resolved) or to deal with the follow up comments.

I don't have a strong personal opinion here, will edit whatever the WG wants (within reason :)

> 7. Establishing independent formatting contexts
>    Issue: https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1457#issuecomment-380357179
>    Edits: https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/commit/94982e838a558e6c66516b3b13e403eae32e27ad
>    New prose: https://drafts.csswg.org/css-display-3/#formatting-context
>    We rewrote the definition of "formatting context" to more fully capture
>    the nuances of what a formatting context is and how they interact, and
>    to also define the concept of an "independent formatting context".
>    These were frequently described as a "new formatting context" but
>    needed to be split out from that since inline formatting contexts are
>    new but not necessarily independent.
>    This effectively implements previous WG resolutions on the topic, but
>    wanted to call the edits out in case anyone wanted to review them.

Thanks Elika and Tab for fixing this. This resolves the issues I had, and
I am completely satisfied with how you phrased it.

—Florian