Re: [csswg] Agenda conf call 02-May-2018 APAC Time

Regrets, I'm in JST timezone + on vacation this week.

On 05/02/2018 01:34 AM, Rossen Atanassov wrote:
> NOTE: This is an APAC-timed meeting, 4PM Pacific Time
>
> Time/Phone/WebEx details available to WG Members in w3c-css-wg.
> See https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-css-wg/2017OctDec/0076.html
>
> US Toll Number: +1-617-324-0000
>
> For local times, see: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20180308T00
>
> 0. Extra agenda items and other digressions
>
> 1. [css-grid-2] Subgrid local line names
>     https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2622
>
> 2. [css-grid] Grid track sizing items spanning a flexible track
>     https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2177
>
> 3. [css-grid] Percentages gaps and intrinsic size
>     https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/509
>
> 4. [css-overflow] text-overflow and anonymous blocks
>     https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2595
>
> 5. [css-grid] Auto-placement aligning to a named line
>     https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/796
>
> 6. [css-scroll-snap] Multiple nested scrollers and a "default" scrollIntoView()?
>     https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2593
>
> 7. Declare CSS2 as superseded
>     https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2589
>
> 8. Define which subresources block the DOM load event
>     https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1088
>
> 9. [css-fonts] Unknown fragment identifiers in @font-face src:
>     https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2566
>
> 10. [css-fonts-4] [varfont] Supported variation font axes and font features are not discoverable
>     https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/520
>
> 11. [css-values] Add clamp()?
>     https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2519
>
> 12. [css-values-4][cssom] <resolution> serializes to 'dppx', not 'x'
>     https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2241

FWIW, related to this issue, I tend to agree with Xidorn and Chris, I
think we should probably just serialize as 'dppx', since that's what
every browser supports and serializes to right now, except for
-webkit-image-set, which is the exception rather than the rule I'd say.

I agree reading the blink-dev@ thread that there's probably not too much
of a compat concern here, though compat risk seems slightly lower
serializing 'dppx' in image-set than serializing 'x' everywhere else. If
we're really really interested in keeping image-set serializing with 'x'
we could special-case that instead, though I'd rather not do that unless
necessary.

Anyway, happy with whatever the group resolves on the call.

Thanks!

 -- Emilio