RE: [CSS22] 10.8 "tall enough"

From: François REMY <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 00:37:27 +0000
To: Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>, W3C Style <www-style@w3.org>
I think it’s not a a term requiring a definition, as it seems more like a mathematical property to me ("for any content, there exists a length starting from which more than one solution exists to the alignment constraints stated above”).

This is the case when a top aligned box is for instance 1.5em and the “normal” line height would otherwise compute to 1.2em; sure the top aligned box will be at the top, but you still have a full 0.3em of height where you can place the baseline-aligned content. Do you align that content at the bottom (meaning the top-aligned box starts 0.3em above the line box, or do you start the line box at the top too, leaving the top-aligned box 0.3em taller at the bottom?

I think that is the matter that doesn’t seem defined there. Not sure if this is defined in a further version of the spec.