Re: slight critice of the shorthands' value descriptions

On Mon, 15 Jan 2018 14:30:20 -0800
fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:

> On 01/13/2018 10:22 AM, Dennis Heuer wrote:
> > Hello again,
> >
> > please, could you generally try to list the shorthands' values
> > in order of the descriptions of the longhands in the documents
>
> I'm sorry, I don't quite understand your comment. Could you give
> an example, please?
>
> ~fantasai

Shure, I wrote this at an early point where I read the spec for the
text-decoration. The individual specs treat this rather chaotically,
also for values. Sometimes the shorthand is specified first and then
come the individual properties. Most often the shorthand is specified
after the individual properties. In both cases the order in which the
individual properties follow in the spec is not same like the order in
which the individual properties are refered to in the specification of
the shorthand, i.e.:

Name: 	text-decoration
Value: 	<text-decoration-line>  ||
        <text-decoration-style> ||
        <text-decoration-color>

The order in the document is:

text-decoration-line
text-decoration-color
text-decoration-style
text-decoration

Here I'd prefer to specify color after style because I find this more
logical. In other words, the shorthand does it right!

Regards,
Dennis Heuer
einz@verschwendbare-verweise.seinswende.de