Re: [css-ui] css-counter-styles or cursor value regex allowing contradictive choice

> On Jan 15, 2018, at 10:22, Xidorn Quan <me@upsuper.org> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Jan 15, 2018, at 10:53 AM, Dennis Heuer wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> https://www.w3.org/TR/css-ui-3/#propdef-cursor
>>
>> The value-regex to the property cursor says that it's ok to declare
>> both an URI and 'none', if I'm right. This will not cause an error but
>> could be fixed (see below!!!) Is there a comma between URI and keyword?
>>
>> Your take:

>> [ auto | default | none | /* possibly this line should be exclusive */
>> context-menu | help | pointer | progress | wait |
>> cell | crosshair | text | vertical-text |
>> alias | copy | move | no-drop | not-allowed | grab | grabbing |
>> e-resize | n-resize | ne-resize | nw-resize | s-resize | se-resize |
>> sw-resize | w-resize | ew-resize | ns-resize | nesw-resize |
>> nwse-resize | col-resize | row-resize | all-scroll | zoom-in | zoom-out
>> ] ]
>>
>> My take:
>>
>> auto | default | none |
>> [
>> context-menu | help | pointer | progress | wait |
>> cell | crosshair | text | vertical-text |
>> alias | copy | move | no-drop | not-allowed | grab | grabbing |
>> e-resize | n-resize | ne-resize | nw-resize | s-resize | se-resize |
>> sw-resize | w-resize | ew-resize | ns-resize | nesw-resize |
>> nwse-resize | col-resize | row-resize | all-scroll | zoom-in | zoom-out
>> ]
>

> For this specific issue, I don't see there is any problem to allow authors to
> specify auto, default, or none as a fallback cursor of url.

I agree with Xidorn.

In addition, even you the change you suggested was preferable,
the cursor property has been this way for a long time
and is implemented interoperably in multiple browsers.
Changing it now would break many web sites,
and is not something we can consider at this point.

—Florian Rivoal