Re: [css-multicol] some formatting problems in the document

Le 2018-01-14 10:01, Dennis Heuer a écrit :
> Hello
>
> 2. The multi-column model
>
> The examples format badly because they are neither images nor true
> column-examples (that should only be shown in extra tabs after
> clicking a button). The layered borders don't fit because my font
> makes the text span farther, underneath.

Dennis,

I agree with you. I noticed this also. And I reported this to Håkon Wium
Lie in 2013.
The examples will work, should work if you do *not* have your minimum
font size set to greater than 14px. Just set the minimum font size of
your browser to 14px (or lower) and the examples, all the examples in
https://www.w3.org/TR/css-multicol-1/
should work. Please confirm.

> Also, why not just take some text from that chapter instead of that
> confusingly hacked and slayed repetitive alphabet?

This is a good question. In examples with rather narrow column boxes,
you do not want to use long words but rather short words in order to
have a minimum quantity of words per line. The longest words are
"Pqrstu" and "jklmno" and use 6 characters. And so, for that reason, the
"Lorem ipsum dolor..." would not either have been a good choice for the
text.

> Appended is a screenshot.

With which browser and browser version have you got such rendering?

Gérard