Re: text-decoration-skip-ink auto should continue past behavior - 30+ years of underline behavior changed by latest CSS draft

From: Allan Sandfeld Jensen <kde@carewolf.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2018 00:39:14 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org
Cc: Ambrose LI <ambrose.li@gmail.com>, OwN-3m-All <own3mall@gmail.com>
> > I'm glad you are all experts on underlining (Is there even such a
> > thing?  If there is, that is pathetic)!  Links have ALWAYS been
> > underlined as best practice for web development.  [stuff deleted]
>
> This is white supremacy. In some languages underlines are punctuation,
> and underlining links is,technically speaking, grammatically wrong.

??
What the...

We are speaking about latin like text. For other types of text other ways of
indicating links, but many parts of the CSS standards relate to latin-like
text specifically and makes little or no sense in other scripts: Italic, sans-
serif vs serif, upper-case/lower-case, floating ::first-letter, ligatures,
kerning, and I could keep going. In fact most of is *cough* "white supremecy",
or perhaps better put, the parts dealing with latin-like text rendering are
mainly dealing with latin-like text rendering.

'Allan