Re: [css-writing-modes] Should a combined white space at the end of a line be removed?

Thank you for answering.

I asked some people who know Japanese typography very well
including Toshi Kobayashi.

Our conclusion is that white spaces at the start/end of tate-chu-yoko
should always be trimmed. Therefore, your suggestion looks great.

I'd like to clarify:
1. The white-space property should prevent the trimming.
2. The Compression Rules should use the trimmed text.
3. The line breaking should use the actual contents of a text combine
instead of the trimmed text.

If we can change (3) to use the trimmed text, it becomes easier to
implement, but, I think it is needed to be compatible with the current spec
and current implementations.

I could implement the above except white-space support for WebKit. I think
it shouldn't be a problem from the perspective of implementation.

Best regards
Yuki Sekiguchi

--
.