Re: [css-grid] :nth-row, :nth-column selectors and similar

On 23 January 2018 at 04:44, Jacob Pratt <jhprattdev@gmail.com> wrote:
> I thought subgrid was still being promoted, though I haven't been following
> it too closely.
>
> Taking the track with the plurality would certainly make more sense. It may
> not necessarily have >=50%, though.
>
> jhpratt
>
> On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 10:41 PM, Sebastian Malton <sebastian@malton.name>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>> I don't think that there is currently. However, some notes: is subgrid
>> still being promoted? Since we have grids within grids by just css
>> definition.

Subgrids *are* still promoted, they were just deferred to level 2 of
the specfication. See https://drafts.csswg.org/css-grid-2/#subgrids.
Subgrids are special, because they have constraints in regard of the
parent grid.

>> Second, I would say that concerning the multiple rows and columns problem.
>> I would say it should be based off of covering 50% or more of the element.
>> Where that amount is configurable in the grid. This way it can be decided by
>> the designer.
>>
>> Sebastian Malton

Yes, see https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1943.

Sebastian