Re: [csswg] overflow-3 and overflow-4 and unleveled URLs

On 10/6/17, 12:49 PM, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

    On Thu, Oct 5, 2017 at 8:50 PM, Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net> wrote:
    > On October 5, 2017 9:47:55 AM GMT+09:00, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
    >>So we should be doing:
    >>
    >>C. Rename `overflow` to `overflow-4`, then denote in Shepherd that
    >>level 3 is the current version.
    >
    > This seems best, and will also make git archeology easier, when you what to go further back that the last directory rename.

    Precisely; the switcheroo we do right now seems calculated to make git
    archeology as hard as possible for as little benefit as possible. This
    one switch will be annoying for a bunch of specs, but it'll fix things
    going forward.

    I'm happy to do the change if the WG is cool with it.

This sounds good to me, and Peter was OK with the change when I asked on IRC. He did want to check the draft server to make sure there weren’t any assumptions about unleveled directories. Peter – have you had a chance to look at this?

Thanks,

Alan