From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org<mailto:chris@w3.org>>
Date: Thursday, November 16, 2017 at 4:12 PM
To: "www-style@w3.org<mailto:www-style@w3.org>" <www-style@w3.org<mailto:www-style@w3.org>>
Cc: fantasai <fantasai@inkedblade.net<mailto:fantasai@inkedblade.net>>
Subject: Re: [css-color-3] Updating CSS Color Level 3 REC

Fantasai wrote:

We have two passes for the last erratum in
   https://www.w3.org/Style/2011/REC-css3-color-20110607-errata.html

Blink and Gecko both pass
   https://test.csswg.org/suites/css-color-3_dev/nightly-unstable/html4/t44-currentcolor-inherited-c.htm

In addition, I ran the whole test suite on Edge 16 (which was largely missing results) and that one test on Safari TP. Both fail that test.

Can we get the spec updated? :)

Yes. From https://www.w3.org/2017/Process-20170301/#revised-rec

"To make corrections to a Recommendation that produce substantive changes<https://www.w3.org/2017/Process-20170301/#substantive-change> but do not add new features, or where there were votes against publishing the corrections directly as a Recommendation<https://www.w3.org/2017/Process-20170301/#rec-pr>, a Working Group may request publication of a Candidate Recommendation<https://www.w3.org/2017/Process-20170301/#last-call>, without passing through earlier maturity levels."

I'm therefore preparing a Transition Request for CR.

That requires a minuted decision to request CR. Given the US Thanksgiving holiday and thus the likely lack of a call next week, I would like the chairs to issue a call for consensus on this public mailing list.

CSS Color 3 uses the old .src.html format. I ran it through the old converter, then fixed those issues that could be corrected in the .src while fixing the rest in the generated html, ready for publishing. Fixes included broken links to old or dissapeared references, updating call for review comments to be on GitHub, and updating the testsuite section to point to the current testsuite.

It now seems to pass pubrules.

The 'text-emphasis-color' property from
CSS Text Decoration Level 3 (CR) depends on this updated behavior.

--
Chris Lilley
@svgeesus