Re: [css-color-3] Updating CSS Color Level 3 REC

Fantasai wrote:

> We have two passes for the last erratum in
>     https://www.w3.org/Style/2011/REC-css3-color-20110607-errata.html
>
> Blink and Gecko both pass
>     https://test.csswg.org/suites/css-color-3_dev/nightly-unstable/html4/t44-currentcolor-inherited-c.htm
In addition, I ran the whole test suite on Edge 16 (which was largely
missing results) and that one test on Safari TP. Both fail that test.
> Can we get the spec updated? :)
Yes. From https://www.w3.org/2017/Process-20170301/#revised-rec

"To make corrections to a Recommendation that produce substantive
changes <https://www.w3.org/2017/Process-20170301/#substantive-change>
but do not add new features, or where there were votes against
publishing the corrections directly as a Recommendation
<https://www.w3.org/2017/Process-20170301/#rec-pr>, a Working Group
/may/ request publication of a Candidate Recommendation
<https://www.w3.org/2017/Process-20170301/#last-call>, without passing
through earlier maturity levels."

I'm therefore preparing a Transition Request for CR.

*That requires a minuted decision to request CR. Given the US
Thanksgiving holiday and thus the likely lack of a call next week, I
would like the chairs to issue a call for consensus on this public
mailing list.*

CSS Color 3 uses the old .src.html format. I ran it through the old
converter, then fixed those issues that could be corrected in the .src
while fixing the rest in the generated html, ready for publishing. Fixes
included broken links to old or dissapeared references, updating call
for review comments to be on GitHub, and updating the testsuite section
to point to the current testsuite.

It now seems to pass pubrules.

--
Chris Lilley