Re: CSS property for visually hiding an element

On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 5:49 AM, Oliver Joseph Ash <oliverjash@gmail.com>
wrote:

> The consensus seems to be that this is a sensible idea. How do I push this
> forward? I'm happy to champion it, but I don't know where to start.

While this sounds like something totally for CSSWG, I think there is an
argument to incubate this idea in the broader community... Here's why: Do
the use cases actually argue for a CSS property or an HTML attribute, maybe
just with a default UA style with gross specificity or something?  I'm not
sure really. other but generally the practice of toggling a class seem to
be more or less "how we've done it" and making it a property kind of seems
to change the equation - it seems like a 'simple' way to achieve the same,
but I'm not sure it follows that it is actually paving the cowpath.  Have
any preprocessors added a thing like this to shorthand it as a property,
for example?  That would be interesting to know.

--
Brian Kardell :: @briankardell