Re: [selectors4] multiple pseudo-elements per selector

On 06/21/2017 01:57 PM, Bruce Lawson wrote:
> Thanks fantasai
>
> so the reasons that multiple pseudo-elements isn't allowed is primarily
> implementation complexity and (I assume) performance implications of
> that complexity, rather than any philosophical objections?

Primarily complexity, rather than performance. But even if a particular
combination was relatively simple, we don't want to add features that
don't have strong use cases since even simple features require work
(spec, implementation, testing). The key thing to remember here is that
each combination would likely require its own code: only the parsing
bit could be handled generically, and that's a very minor fraction of
the work involved in handling a pseudo-element.

> Do any examples of specific combinations that are potentially allowable spring to mind?

I remember there being use cases for some specific combinations,
but I can't remember what they were atm. ^_^;;

::marker::first-line definitely seems unlikely, though. =)

~fantasai