Re: What are substantive changes in Writing Modes 3, exactly?

On 07/07/2017 02:25 AM, Chris Lilley wrote:
> Hi fantasai,
>
> Either we were confused for the past several telcons, or the changes section of Writing Modes 3 is incomplete.
>
>  From the minutes of 2017-06-28:
>
>>    Rossen: fantasai, I was wondering if we made progress on Writing
>>            Modes, Values & Units or UI.
>>    fantasai: Values & Units has a DoC and I need to next fix the
>>              changes list.
>>    fantasai: Writing modes nothing this week.
>>    Rossen: I see last week we had a question on CR or PR. I looked at
>>            minutes and I believe we agreed PR.
>>    fantasai: It was if process requires CR first because there were
>>              *substantive changes*.
>>    Rossen: Okay. I'll reconfirm with Chris or Bert. I recall it was
>>            PR.
> But from the changes section (and also on the transition request for PR that I am writing) it says the changes are editorial.
> https://drafts.csswg.org/css-writing-modes-3/#changes
>
> - Three features were deferred to the next level, all of which were marked as at-risk in the previous CR
> - A security and privacy appendix was added, which is informative and not substantive.
>
> Are there other changes (not reflected in the changes section) which make this substantive and thus requiring another CR and
> another minimum period before going to PR?

Hi Chris,
Yes, there was a resolution here:
   https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2017May/0057.html
to this issue:
   https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1391
which is now edited in and added to the Changes section.

The Disposition of Comments is prepared here:
   https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aissue%20label%3Acss-writing-modes-3%20
(It is short and clear enough that I didn't generate a separate index.)

Let me know if you need any further information; I will otherwise let you and
the chairs sort out the various process requirements for publishing REC. :)

Thanks~
~fantasai