Re: [css-counter-styles] Re: CR: CSS Counter Styles Level 3

On Fri, Jul 3, 2015 at 10:12 AM, timeless <timeless@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2015/CR-css-counter-styles-3-20150611/
>
>>  system: extends armeniam; [sic]

Fixed.

>> If the <custom-ident>’s respresentation [sic] is an ASCII case-insensitive match for any of the other predefined counter styles,

Fixed.

>> Note: the prefix and suffix don’t play a part in this algorithm.
>
> I think you can drop `the` (also applies to the same phrasing
> throughout the paragraph)

Agreed, fixed.

>> The systems are defined as follows:
>
> What follows is an empty section because it's the end of the section.
> I'd encourage you to avoid using `:` in this manner.

Changed to just say they're defined in the following sections.

>> while this style jumps into triple digits with "AAA", "BBB", "CCC", etc.
>
> I am not used to `digits` describing non numeric characters...

It's a valid usage, and the "alphanumeric" section uses it.

> This specific section doesn't define `digits`.

It's an example, it doesn't need to refer to precise definitions. ^_^

> This is a definition of digits:
>> The alphabetic counter system interprets the list of counter symbols as digits to an alphabetic numbering system
>
>> If the system is alphabetic, the symbols descriptor must contain at least two counter symbols
>
> Can it be composed of only two counter symbols that happen to be the same?

The spec makes no mention of the values of the counter symbols,
because they're not relevant.

>> Let difference be the provided <integer> minus the number of grapheme clusters in the initial representation for the counter value. (Note that, per the
>> algorithm to generate a counter representation, this occurs before adding prefixes/suffixes/negatives.) If the counter value is negative and the counter style uses
>> a negative sign, further reduce difference by the number of grapheme clusters in the counter style’s negative descriptor’s <symbol>(s).
>
> In Build identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6;
> rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/38.0, the background clips the first
> line's descenders and the third line's ascenders.

This no longer occurs.

>> using some special unicode characters:
>
> Unicode is otherwise capitalized.

Fixed.

>> so that it is always available as an ultimate fallback style.
>
> I have problems with `an ultimate`, I wouldn't object to `a final`,
> the problem is that to me there should be only *one* ultimate, so if
> there's more than one, it isn't ultimate, and if there's only one, it
> should be `the ultimate`.

Switched to "the".

>> The ethiopic-numeric counter style is defined for all positive non-zero numbers.
>
> is 0 a positive number?

It's ambiguous in common usage, thus the clarification.

>> The Internationalization Working Group maintains a large list of predefined @counter-style rules for various world languages in their Predefined Counter Styles document. [predefined-counter-styles] These
>
> I'd encourage you to move the `[]`s before the `.`, it's really hard
> to read this way, I know there's a style for it, but...

Instead, I just split the paragraph after it. It's common practice to
have a biblio ref at the end of a paragraph, and shouldn't be as
troublesome to read.

>> If the returned value is an [sic] <custom-ident>,

This text ended up being replaced, so the error no longer exists.

Thanks for the thorough review!

~TJ