Re: Writing Modes PR & Testsuite

On Monday 2017-01-23 20:13 +0100, Mats Palmgren wrote:
> On 01/22/2017 05:16 AM, Xidorn Quan wrote:
> > The only thing we do to modify the test when importing, as far as I
> > know, is to insert @font-face of Ahem font for those tests which
> > declare "ahem" in their meta data.

> legitimate layout bugs.  So I think it would be better if the CSS
> test suite stay the way it is and NOT add a @font-face for Ahem.
> We should fix this on our side by requiring that Ahem is installed
> as a system font on machines that run the test suite.

I don't think this is a big deal; dynamic restyling or relayout bugs
tend to be implementation-specific [1], and tests for them generally
don't end up in test suites for specifications.

Also, we're going to run the CSS test suites in one setup or
another, and while different setups may catch different bugs, I
don't think there's a particularly good reason to believe that one
way would catch more than the other.

-David

[1] In most cases, although selectors may be an exception.

             Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
             What I was walling in or walling out,
             And to whom I was like to give offense.
               - Robert Frost, Mending Wall (1914)