Re: Should CSS generated contents ::before and ::after really become part of the document?

On Sat, 2017-01-14 at 16:07 +0800, Ian Yang wrote:
>  Judging from the
> presentational nature of CSS, it seems to me that assistive
> technologies'
> behaviors on this matter are not working as intended.

There's nothing to say that a reader can't make use of presentation to
improve the user's experience.

> I might have missed something. Should CSS generated contents ::before
> and
> ::after really become part of the document?
That depends on what you mean by "part of the document". They are
reflected in the CSS OM but not in the DOM; they are certainly part of
the document in an informal sense just as much as images are part of
the document even though those, too, are (usually) external to the
HTML.

Liam

--
Liam R. E. Quin <liam@w3.org>