Re: [mediaqueries] visibility past coarse pointers

On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 11:36 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 12:08 PM, Geoffrey Sneddon <me@gsnedders.com> wrote:

>>> Mm, true.  Back to the "use the different style when you use touch
>>> events", then.
>>
>> That doesn't work in the case of the Wii browser's massive cursor,
>> though, does it? (It's been too long since I've used a Wii or anything
>> else with massive ten-foot cursors…)
>
> Do you mean that you think you want the "pop it a little distance
> away" for a Wii cursor too?  Shouldn't be necessary - it's not that
> big.

Yes, I think it's probably a good idea to move it slightly further away.

That said, I don't this issue should block Media Queries Level 4, but
I think it probably would be worth revisiting something related to how
to solve content needing repositioned depending on granularity of
pointers (regardless of whether that's touch or large cursors).

/g