Re: [css-backgrounds] [css-images] Interop for sizing gradients with only width

Le 2017-04-13 17:24, Gérard Talbot a écrit :
> Le 2017-04-13 16:38, Tab Atkins Jr. a écrit :

>>> Per CSS3 - backgrounds:
>>> https://drafts.csswg.org/css-backgrounds/#the-background-size
>>>
>>> For background-size:

>>> further, for auto, the text notes:

>>> For a gradient (as in your example), the “image” has no intrinsic
>>> size, thus 100% should be used. That is what Firefox / Gecko does.
>>> Chrome and Safari are wrong.
>>
>> This is correct. Chrome/Safari are buggy here.  Mind filing bugs?
>>
>> ~TJ
>
> Philippe or Henrik,
>
> If you file a bug report on this, you can include a link to these 2
> draft tests:
>
> http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/CSS3Backgrounds/draft-background-size-one-value-percent-0xx.xht
>
> http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/CSS3Backgrounds/draft-background-size-one-value-0xx.xht
>
> I will submit eventually those tests (under different filenames) to
> the CSS3 backgrounds and borders test suite to improve test coverage.
> Those tests are quick draft for now (many text improvements needed and
> (not sure) possible test reduction) but they demonstrate clearly and
> cleanly an implementation failure of Chrome/Safari browsers.
>
> Gérard

It appears that MS-Edge 13 also fails these 2 tests.

I checked the background and borders test suite on background-position

http://test.csswg.org/suites/css-backgrounds-3_dev/nightly-unstable/html4/chapter-3.htm#s3.9

and none of the 8 tests we have on one single background-position value
fails in Chrome. So, we definitely can improve the coverage of the test
suite here.

+CC: Thierry Michel

Gérard