Re: CSS property for visually hiding an element

`visibility: hidden` still affects layout, whereas the method commonly used
that Oliver posted completely "visibly" hides the element/text from sighted
users. It's closer to making it *invisible to sighted users* than it is to
making it *hidden.*

The method Oliver mentioned is one of the first things I add to any project
I get my hands on, but it is long winded. "visibility: invisible" or
visibly-hidden might get wider acceptance from authors by being a single
line.

The only thing I'm wondering is for use cases where something's visibly
hidden and an aria state changes when the content becomes visible, such as
some sites showing "Skip to content" when the user gives it focus. Would
this method potentially make authors believe they didn't need to facilitate
a state change?

--
Karl Brown
Twitter: @kbdevelops

Professional Certificate Web Accessibility Compliance (Distinction),
University of South Australia, 2015