Re: [motion-1] !important: motion-* rename

On 30 September 2016 at 13:08, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

> At this point, why not just drop the "-transform" entirely? "path" as
> the shorthand, "path-shape", "path-distance", etc for the longhands.
> No need to have those extra 10 characters cluttering up the names.

I would find that very confusing, especially when working with SVG.  If
there's a property on a <path> element called path-shape, I would assume
that it actually controlled the shape of the element.  And path-offset and
path-distance could easily get confused for the stroke dashing properties
and textPath attributes.

My main suggestion was to have a name that emphasized that these properties
apply a transform on the element, defined by the specified path & other
parameters.

If conciseness is a priority, we could always just make up a new word, like
"transpath". But "path-transform" isn't any longer than many other property
names that have sub-properties (border-image, text-decoration, etc.).

~ABR