RE: [css-tables-3] Overconstrained fixed table layout: tests and questions

> On Mon, Sep 12, 2016, at 07:19 PM, GĂ©rard Talbot wrote:
><snip>
> - - - - - -
>
> http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/border-spacing-percentage-cell-001.html

> How wide should be the navy rectangle: 200px or 400px?
>
> IE11: 200px
> Firefox 48: 400px
> Chrome 53: 200px
> Edge: 200px
> Opera 12.16: 200px
> Safari 9.1.2: 200px
> Regards,
> Chris

+Francois so he sees this (we're checking www-style less and less lately)

Thanks Gerard and Chris,

Yes sizing of a fixed layout does fit in charter of the current spec, and ideally we would define for the interop, thus Firefox being the outlier. That said, we'll need to dig into the testcase and all of its additional implications of course.

I have opened a Github issue for this so I don't loose track of it: https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/485

We'll keep you posted,
Greg