Re: [selectors4] feedback

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 10:30 PM, G. A. Light U1365222 <
U1365222@unimail.hud.ac.uk> wrote:

> Ø  What if there is another rule:
>

> Ø  li:nodisplay > a[href="bad link"] { display:inline; }
>

> That depends on the order that the CSS rules are applied and whether or
> not !important is used.
>

> You get the same contradiction with existing CSS like:
>

> a { display:block; }
>
> a[href="bad link"] { display:none; }

No, I think the point that Mark was trying to make is that your proposal
appears to create a cycle, whereas current CSS designs are specifically to
avoid cycles.  In yours it seems someone could write a pair of rules

if it isn't displayed, display it
If it is displayed, hide it

these would each take effect, triggering the other rule back and forth
until infinity.  It's possible he (and I) misunderstand your proposal
though, so if that is based on a misunderstanding, please clarify.

--
Brian Kardell :: @briankardell