Re: [css-grid] [css-align] Grid is now CR, but what about css-align?

On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 6:37 AM, Christian Biesinger
<cbiesinger@google.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I see that Grid is now a CR. Yay!
>
> However, Grid has normative dependencies on Align, which is only a WD. How
> does that work? Shouldn't Align also be a CR, at least for those parts used
> by Grid?

No. W3C Process allows drafts to normatively reference things "one
level down" - CRs can ref WD, while Recs can only ref CRs.  So there's
nothing Process-wise that needs to happen here.

> We (Blink) only want to implement the Grid part and probably the Flex part,
> for now. The working group has previously supported this approach. However,
> I am not sure whether "align-content: baseline" should be considered more
> part of the "applies to blocks" or "necessary for grid"? I am thinking it
> would be the latter (and thus not implement it for now), thoughts?

You mean "former"? If it does something in Grid, it should be
considered as part of Grid support.  (One could, of course, simply not
support that value at all right now, for any layout type.)