Re: [css-scroll-snap] Rename keywords 'proximity' and 'mandatory'

I saw this was shortly discussed again on the Lisbon F2F.

On 16 November 2016 at 03:28, Dael Jackson <daelcss@gmail.com> wrote:
>   - RESOLVED: No renaming of scroll-snap-type: mandatory |
>               proximity, because no better proposals.
> Naming
> ------
>
>   fantasai: Rename anything? No actual proposal.
>   fantasai: So leave as it.
>   Rossen: Can we live with mandatory and proximity.
>   (no objections)
>   RESOLVED: No renaming of scroll-snap-type: mandatory | proximity,
>             because no better proposals.
>
>   fantasai: scroll-snap-stop normal and always, rename normal.
>   (no objections to keeping those names)
>   RESOLVED: No renaming of scroll-snap-stop: normal, because no
>             better proposals.

I'm still not happy with the names. One main concern I raised in my
initial post[1] was that they are grammatically inconsistent -
'proximity' is a noun while 'mandatory' is an adjective.
So, to be consistent 'proximity' would at least need to be renamed to
'proximately' (which is hard to spell, though). Or just rename it to
'near' and keep 'mandatory' unchanged (shorter, easier to spell and
both adjectives).
Though I'd still prefer to have better words for them.

Sebastian

[1] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2015Dec/0177.html