Re: [css-values] url(#frag) handling when base url changes

On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 3:06 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> On 5/5/16 5:34 PM, fantasai wrote:
>> This seems to violate bzbarsky's statement in
>> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2016May/0040.html
>> “Oh, and the way it's _supposed_ to work is that if you were to load
>> this new URL to start with by pasting it in your URL bar you would
>> get the same document.”
>
> Emphasis on "supposed".  I would be shocked if pages actually fully followed
> that.  :(

I wouldn't be surprised if a good chunk of these pages were generating
urls on the fly, or have some middleware "simplifying" urls when you
request a page, so that actually requesting /a.html vs /b.html
generates the "correct" urls, but starting on /a.html and
pushState()'ing to /b.html doesn't update all the urls accordingly, so
we can't just rebase them all.

(But yeah, also a good bit are broken anyway.)

~TJ