Re: [css-text] Shaping for break-all/word-break

Will there be a more complete description somewhere in the spec about how
forced word breaks should be applied to scripts and fonts with complex text
shaping?

I would like to be able to link to such rules for SVG.  SVG
manually-positioned text (where individual characters are given explicit
coordinates) and text on a path can introduce forced breaks.  The language
in SVG 1.1 with regard to these layout patterns only focused on ligatures
(disallowing them, since you can't position two halves of a ligature
separately), not on context-sensitive letter forms (which should still be
used, but it wasn't explicitly specified).

Implementations are very inconsistent about how they render text in these
cases (Firefox is the only browser that currently supports legible Arabic
text on a path).  And SVG 2's requirement to support decorative OpenType
features such as contextual alternatives will be less effective if the
"context" is lost when using SVG text layout. I have promised to help
improve the spec for SVG 2, but referencing standard CSS behavior would be
even better.

~Amelia