Re: [css-fonts] Specifying changes to parameters for fallback fonts

On 22/06/2016 19:50, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 2:39 AM,  <ishida@w3.org> wrote:

>>> Yes we do - public-css-archive@w3.org, or just subscribing to the GH
>>> repo's notifications.
>>

>> for me that's too much of a firehose.  I need a less blunt instrument that
>> takes into account the opt-in features of github issues.
>>
>> unless someone objects, i propose to create a new mailing list called
>> public-css-notification to which one notification will be sent when an issue
>> is created and one when it is closed. That's likely to generate an
>> acceptable level of email in my inbox, but prevents me missing new issues of
>> interest.
>
> You can just filter the messages out of your inbox by default, and
> just look in whatever folder it ends up in to look for new threads?

that's what i've been doing for some years, and i'm well tired of it -
bear in mind that i'm interested in far fewer of the messages than you
are.  Sometimes i forget to look in the folder for a few days and miss
things i wished i'd seen earlier. Also, given the volume of stuff
discussed by CSS folks, it's a pain to clear out junk that i don't need
to see, so it tends to build up, slow down my mail retrieval, lengthen
time machine updates etc.

If i get one email per new issue i can receive it in my inbox, so i'll
see it right away. If i decide it's interesting i'll subscribe to the
issue, if not i delete it straight away and don't have to worry about a
deluge of follow-on mail that needs to be ignored and deleted at some
point.  If i decide to keep copies of the mail i'm interested in, i
don't have to search for it in a huge pile of other stuff. And so on.

ri