Re: @else in Media Queries

On 10/06/2016 20:53, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

> I'm not sure that's what Daniel was referring to; his email *seemed*
> to be just about NOT/AND/OR, which does indeed exist already for
> @media and @supports.
>
> I haven't seen a use-case yet for needing to explicitly test for
> unknown values, except "emulate what @else can do".  If we can come up
> with one we can always add such a function.

Visibly, there's a need for a summary:

pros: - simple to read and understand
      - feature needed by users

cons: - new constraints needed on rule insertion
      - new constraints needed on rule deletion
      - @else standalone after deletion of @media is meaningless
      - complexifies automated media queries management
      - can't always express the @else case by a MQ
      - issues with copy/paste in wysiwyg environments

</Daniel>