Re: @else in Media Queries

On 09/06/2016 22:58, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

> I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.  As the spec lays out
> clearly in both definition and examples, @else is relative to the
> *preceding* conditional rule, not an *enclosing* one.  Any enclosing
> conditional is irrelevant here.

The whole things starts smelling like the worst of hacks in CSS. So an
editor removing one rule (the @media one) will have to carefully look
if there is an @else after it. To do what? Remove it? Explode it?
Keep it standalone (what does it even mean in that case...)?

> It sounds like @media itself is a blocker on those editors for some
> reason.  @else doesn't seem to make the situation any worse.

When was the last time you implemented a Wysiwyg editor dealing with
media queries and why don't you listen? Can you please for once accept
what others are saying when you have no knowledge of that domain?

</Daniel>