Re: [css-images] Negative implications of linear gradient color space choice in CSS

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 6:22 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 11:17 AM, Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 10:58 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Sure it does.  (Or it should be doing so, for consistency - colors
>>> should be computed in computed values.)
>>
>> It does not. I tried Edge, Safari 9, latest Chrome and Firefox.
>
> Then that's a bug, either in the specs or the implementations.  There
> is absolutely no reason a color should serialize differently based on
> whether it's bare or wrapped in a gradient function.

Given all impls current agree with the same behavior here, I guess we
can probably make 'transparent' a keyword value in gradient function
to simulate premultiplied effect, and revert the general cases to
non-premultiplied...

- Xidorn