Re: [css-page-floats] The 'clear' values are backwards

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 12:05 PM, Johannes Wilm <johanneswilm@gmail.com> wrote:
> Say you have three top page floats right after oneanother at the start of a
> document. You want the first page float to be on a page with no other page
> floats and the subsequent two to be on the second page. How would you go
> about specifying the clear values for the three floats for that to happen
> according to your model?

Note: this isn't "our model". It's the spec's current model, before
page floats are introduced.

Like I said, if you want a page float to have the ability to suppress
other page floats from entering its zone, you have to do it via some
other mechanism - either an *extension* to 'clear's value, or some new
property.  But the default behavior should match today's 'clear',
which has no effect on subsequent floats.