Re: [css21][css22][css-tables][css-break][css-page][css-multicol][css-regions] repeating table headers and footers

> On Jan 21, 2016, at 03:02, Gérard Talbot <www-style@gtalbot.org> wrote:
>
> Le 2016-01-20 08:21, Florian Rivoal a écrit :
>> When a table is fragmented over several fragmentainers (pages,
>> columns...) should table headers and footers be repeated?
>> CSS2.1 is the only spec I know of to speak about this[1], and it
>> doesn't actually decide:
>>> Print user agents may repeat header rows on each page spanned by a table.
>>> Print user agents may repeat footer rows on each page spanned by a table.
>

> Personally, I think CSS2.2 should actually decide.

Regardless of which spec it goes to, yes we should actually decide.
>> First, I don't think we behavior should depend on categories of UAs
>> (print vs non print).
>
> Well, shouldn't it apply to paged media only?

Whether the media is paged or not is a more useful distinction than classifying
user agents as print oriented or not.

But if we consider that pages are not the only type of fragmentation container,
and that the problem across column breaks is the same as across page breaks, I'd
rather tie it to fragmented flows than to paged media.

 - Florian