Re: [css-flexbox]

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 10:39 PM, Bruno Racineux <bruno@hexanet.net> wrote:
> But ultimately, the issue isn't only flexbox. There needs to be a way to
> affect tab-index with CSS, or accessibility will always suffer in one way
> or another when going from one device's or orientation's layout to another.

Yes, this is why we're continuing to object to special-casing some
solution focused on the 'order' property.  This is also a problem if
you use either of the *-reverse keywords in flex-flow.  It's a problem
if you use Grid in any non-trivial fashion at all.  It's a problem if
you use float:right to produce a right-aligned sidebar.

The problem is that tab order is based on source order, which has only
a weak relationship to visual order.  Whatever solution we come up
with needs to address the problem at its source.