Re: [css-text] pre-wrap / pre-wrap-auto

> On Nov 21, 2015, at 18:57, Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net> wrote:
>
> What isn't clear to me is whether anything other than status quo is ok for you. I hope not, since status quo means spec violations and no interop. (see https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2015Mar/0386.html).
>
> If I understand correctly, if the spaces are preserved, you want overflow-wrap:break-word to let them overflow rather than wrap them. This is not the status quo. Firefox (and Presto, and Prince) wraps them, IE sometimes does depending on the type of element. (Webkit/Blink neither wrap nor overflow since they don't preserve the spaces in the first place)
>
> If you have a proposal, I'd like to hear it. The set of things that seem acceptable to me is broader than the specific proposal of mine that you're rejecting, so maybe what you have in mind would work for me.

Hi Koji,

Since all the people involved or interested in this discussion will be in Sydney, I think this will be a good opportunity to try and resolve this. As I say above, you've made it quite clear that the last resolution and my latest proposition aren't acceptable to you. But it is still not clear to me what is acceptable to you.

If you have a proposal, could you make it explicit, so that I can see if it works for me as well?

If you don't have one, could you make it clear at least what your requirements are, so that I can try to find some solution that satisfies both your requirements and mine?

 - Florian